Saturday, September 16, 2017

Homework #1

After reading "My So-Called Opinions" it reminded me a lot of the topics my English teacher from 9th grade would talk about. She was a very eccentric person in some ways and one time she told my class that our generation is one of the most narcissistic and that we love taking pictures of ourselves and posting on social media about ourselves and being the center of conversation. Back then and to this day I still think that is a weird assumption about kids these days. In my opinion I'd rather be narcissistic than hate myself. I do agree from the article that people know a days don't back up their opinions on topics and tend to be vague, but I also don't really think people need to explain themselves all the time. As for the "Song-Dong" article I found the concept of recreating an entire room as an exhibit interesting. I love collecting knick-knacks and random odds and ends and it seems like Song-Dong's mother did the same. It also stressed me out when the article said that his father didn't necessarily support him but I was glad to see his mother did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment